Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cry It Out Method

“We have this fantasy that our interests and the interests of the super rich are the same. Like somehow the rich will eventually get so full that they’ll explode. And the candy will rain down on the rest of us. Like there’s some kind of pinata of benevolence. But here’s the thing about a pinata: it doesn’t open on it’s own. You have to beat it with a stick.” ~ Bill Maher

 I read this quote on facebook and thought it's a funny line. It really has some merit. Ain't nobody want to pay taxes. I didn't want to go to bed when my mother said so or do my homework or go to class or go to my job on monday morning or pay my bills or get up with the kids at 5 am...But we as people do these things because they benefit us in the long run. Rich people and businesses who have worked hard or hardly worked for their money don't want to give up any more than they have to. They have accountants who are paid more money than you and I make in six months to make sure that they only pay the minimum amount.

Now as a a person from a family who works extremely hard for whatever it's got, I understand that you don't want to give uncle sam any more than you have to. But....it's time to go to bed baby, cause if you don't get enough sleep, you'll be cranky in the morning and won't learn a thing at school because you're causing a ruckus and distracting everybody else because...you're tired. You don't understand but if you do what I say, in the long run, you will be better off and more able to do the things you need to do in the future. And as a parent, my job is to tell you that though you don't want to go to bed, you're gonna, even though you don't want to... and you can cry and moan all you like. It's time to go to bed. And it's time for EVERYBODY to pay their fair share, contribute to making this society work...It's time...

No comments:

Post a Comment