Monday, August 22, 2011

Just how bad is bad (ie are we just f****d??)


After reading this article in Foreign Policy's online mag about a double dip recession, I feel even more confused.  Right now I feel like I'm living in a really good, suspenseful action movie.  I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen next, and no one in the media, or even regular people, does either.  It seems that we have no policy on tap that really addresses our short and long term future.  I was speaking with a friend of mine who is a real estate developer, and he is in flux.  He can't move forward in his business because of the situation with banks and loans not being given out.  The gov't hasn't put together any policy to deal with the MILLIONS of people who have foreclosing homes or, like me are underwater in their home values.  My friend is just hustling. If he was a drug dealer, he'd probably be rich because he is hustling so hard.  Shoot, the biggest hustlers are....moms, or at least parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment